Monday, April 4, 2011

If you know one child with Autism..you know one child with Autism

I have read so many hand-outs on autism, and all those "What to look for" sheets that are handed out in doctors offices, etc... but these say so little. In fact, I just read the fact sheet from the CDC and was amazed to see that Caleb fits very few of their listed signs. This does not mean that he is not on the spectrum, he definately is --it just means that all children on the spectrum are different. I am shocked at the number of people who tell me that they don't believe my son has autism. Why is this? I think because they have a mental picture of what a person with autism acts like.. and Caleb doesn't fit it.

"If you know one child with Autism..you know one child with Autism"


[I would have liked to write more, but I must get to class]

No comments: