Saturday, April 23, 2011

4/23 update

I just uploaded some random videos of Caleb. I have a ton more, and plan to record more videos to post on here when I update.

TSS started on Monday at daycare and at home. Caleb really likes flashcards. His BSC said that he is backwards because he labels things spontaneously, but will not point or show us where things are when we ask. (The labeling is usually the thing that children with langauge delays have problems with because they need to come up w/ the word themselves, instead of just hearing it and identifying.) They are starting some ABA next week.

Wednesday night we took Caleb to the Benedum Center to see Choo Choo Soul & Imagination Movers Live. He seemed to really enjoy Choo Choo Soul, but Imagination Movers was VERY loud(Even too loud for me) and they had a lot of squeeling guitars and such... so we ended up leaving part way through. I really expected it to be more like the TV show, and less like a loud concert. He started to squirm and hit. He would clap when everyone else clapped and be smiling n' happy and then just turn around and smack whoever was holding him. He also started labeling the "reckels" and "gircles" on the ceiling. We left. He enjoyed himself, but it just got to be TOO MUCH for him.

The Nutritionist came on Thursday. Caleb weighed 30lb 6oz. Which for his age is in the 50th percentile, but for his height is in the 5th percentile. She had the results from Caleb's food journal analysis --It turns out he ate right around 830 calories/day each day that his food intake was recorded. He needs around 1200 calories/day. So she gave us a can of duocal, which is a powder to add to foods that adds calories. She also gave us some pediasure to try. We have tried it in the past with no success but she wants me to try to wean him onto it... so we will see how that goes. Caleb is a very picky eater. Luckily, in the past week I have gotten him to eat steak, and macaroni & cheese (this is huge for him!) He mostly only eats, peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt, french fries, bread, and fruits(& junk of course).

I have been putting Caleb on the potty frequently and he has peed probably 20x in the potty so far (and poo'ed 1x). He knows what to do because he goes when I sit him on the potty, but he is not telling me he has to go (i have to watch for a signal which isn't always consistent either). 2 mornings in a row he woke up dry and I put him on the potty and he peed right away.

So... tomorrow is Easter. I cannot wait for Caleb to wake up and see what the Easter Bunny brought him... and watch him find all of the eggs. I did not feel like cooking this year, plus am totally not in the mood for the oh-so-typical ham. I am going to be making an "amish breakfast casserole" and that's it. We'll probably go to my Mom's for a little bit, I think she is cooking.


__right now Caleb has a plastic cup on each foot and is walking around like they're shoes. He is so silly!

No comments: