Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 months! Update!

Caleb had his 30month check up yesterday. He measured in at 38.5in and is 30lbs. For his age, he is in the 99th percentile for height, and 50th percentile for weight. If you compare his height with his weight he is only about the 5th percentile. The pediatrician is now onboard and agreed with the diagnosis from the psychologist she said "he definately has an autism spectrum disorder". This is a relief actually, since the last time I mentioned it she said "what makes them think that?" She told me that his right ear tube is on its way out... (he just got them placed 5 months ago) I hope he doesn't start getting ear infections again! Other then that, things looked good! As far as his weight goes, we're working on that. We just had a dietician start coming to the house and she will come monthly to monitor his weight and to help give tips on getting him to consume enough calories. Yesterday morning was the meeting to present the plan, and evidence(for lack of a better word) to the behavioral health insurance company to get approval for wraparound services. They have 48 hours to make their decision to approve it or send it to peer review. I am pretty certain there is enough proof to show that there is a definate need for the service, so I'm not too worried. I just am really hoping that it gets approved and we can have a TSS at daycare next week! (He really needs help there with langauge, social skills and behavior) I really commend the daycare staff, especially his teacher for being so patient with us while we get all of this figured out. They have been wonderful! Today my Mom and I went to the Autism Conference at Slippery Rock University. It was nice. I enjoyed hearing others perspectives on things. During the breakout sessions I chose meltdowns, and a mother's perspective through the journey. I would really like to meet more people who are going through(or have been through) this journey. I am hoping to find a social skills playgroup for Caleb and a support group.

No comments: